News and Announcements
- 4/12/2017 BLESSING OF THE PASCHAL BASKETS +Saturday April 15, 2017 - Great Saturday . Blessing of Kulich & Pascha’s / Confession 12:45, 4:00, 5:00, 6:00, 7:00, 10:00 & 11:00 pm . +Sunday April 16, 2017 – Orthodox Easter / The Resurrection of our Lord . 1:15 am - Blessing of Kulich & Pascha’s after the Easter Matins The Divine Liturgy immediately begins at 1:20 am There are NO other services during the day and no other blessings of Paschal Baskets
- 4/13/2017 Great Thursday - 9:00 am - Hours 9:30 am – Vespers & St. Basil’s the Great Divine Liturgy 6:00 pm - Reading of the Twelve Gospels / Matins
- 4/14/2017 Good Friday 10:00 am - Royal Hours 12 noon - Vespers & Bringing Out Christ’s Shroud 6:00 PM - Matins / Burial of the Shroud / Procession
- 4/15/2017 Great Saturday 9:30 am - Hours 10:00 am - Vespers / St. Basil’s the Great Divine Liturgy Blessing of Kulich & Pascha’s / Confession– 12:45, 4:00, 5:00, 6:00, 7:00,10:00 & 11:00 pm Orthodox Easter / The Resurrection of our Lord 9:00 pm – Reading of the Acts of the Apostles / Confession Blessing of Kulich & Pascha’s– 10:00 pm , 11:00 pm & 1:15 am 11:30 pm - Midnight Service
- 4/16/2017 Orthodox Easter/The Resurrection of our Lord – Pascha .. Midnight - Easter Matins / Procession 1:15 am - Blessing of Kulich & Pascha’s 1:20 am - Divine Liturgy .. There are NO other services during the day and no blessing of Kulich & Pascha’s. .. 6:00 pm - Easter Vespers / Пасхальная Вечерня
- 4/17/2017 Easter Monday (Bright Monday) 10:00 am - Paschal Hours / Divine Liturgy / Procession 6:00 pm - Easter Vespers
- 4/23/2017 Saint Thomas Sunday / Red Hill Memorial Sunday Christ Has Risen! Metropolitan Hilarion of Eastern American & New York, First Hierarch of the Russian Church Abroad, will lead the festal divine services at Novo-Diveevo. This is also our Annual Joint Service with the Nyack Parish, Holy Virgin Protection Church. Everyone is invited to the daylong spiritual event. 9:30 AM - Greeting of the Metropolitan 10:00 AM - Divine Liturgy There will be a procession into the cemetery with a Memorial Service / Panihida served following the liturgy. Visiting clergy from various local parishes will be available to serve graveside panihida’s. Vendors will be selling food and various Russian and Orthodox themed wares. The day is filled with friends and families gathering around the cemetery, visiting loved ones gravesides and praying for the departed. The main convent grounds and the cemetery will be closed to vehicle traffic for the duration of the event. Limited parking will be available near the Adult Home. Parking will be available across the street at the Airport Executive Office Park. Drop off of people and supplies are permitted near the Adult Home. Elderly and handicap individuals will be brought to the church or cemetery by convent volunteers. Supplies may also be carted into the cemetery as needed and when the volunteers are available to do so. The cemetery will ONLY open for general vehicle traffic when the vendors pick up and pedestrian traffic thins. The Convent/Cemetery Office will be open - Saturday - 10:30 AM - 3:00 PM Sunday - 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Feast Of The Dormition
His Eminence Metropolitan Hilarion of Eastern America & New York, First Hierarch of the Russian Church Abroad, will serve the Divine Liturgy for the Feast of the Dormition of the Mother of God. The holiday is the patronal feast day of Novo-Diveevo.
Sunday August 27, 2017
6:00 PM - All-Night Vigil/Polyeleos
Monday August 28, 2017
8:30 AM - Akafist to the Dormition with lesser blessing of water
9:30 AM - Greeting of Metropolitan Hilarion
10:00 AM Divine Liturgy
Procession of the Cross.
Luncheon to follow after the service.
Everyone is invited to come pray with us.
Orthodox that are preparing to partake in the Communion of the Holy Mysteries of Christ must give their confession the evening before receiving Holy Communion. For those people that are unable to attend evening services, please arrive before the start of the Hours for confession.
Persons partaking of Holy Communion cannot eat nor drink as of midnight until after Communion.